Elections - November
State of Maine presidential Election AND sPECIAL tOWN mEETING - November 3, 2020
Polling Place: Municipal Building Auditorium, 93 Cottage St, 3rd floor
Polling Hours: 8 am to 8 pm
The polling place will be set up for social distancing and PPE. There will only be enough voting booths to accommodate 15 voters total at any one time. Long lines and wait times should be expected. Voting by absentee ballot is strongly recommended.
To Request an Absentee Ballot:
- Absentee Ballot Electronic Request
- Mail-in Absentee Ballot Application
- The Voter may call the Clerk's office at 207-288-4098 to request a ballot
From Monday, October 19 through Friday, October 30, all absentee ballot activities, including voting your absentee ballot in the presence of the clerk, will be set up in the Municipal Auditorium, 93 Cottage St, 3rd floor. Hours are Monday through Friday 8:30am-5:00pm.
All Voter Registration activities will be conducted in the Clerk's office on the 2nd floor.
There is a ballot lock box located in the main lobby of the Municipal Building. Ballots may be placed in the lobby lock box during regular business hours M-F 8:30-5:00.
An outside ballot lock box has been installed next to the parking kiosk in the side lot of the municipal building. Ballots may be placed in the outside lock box 24 hours a day.
On election day, please return your ballots directly to the Warden at the polling place, Municipal Auditorium, 93 Cottage St, 3rd floor.
Important Dates to Remember:
- Beginning Tuesday, October 20, all voters must register to vote in person showing proof of identity and proof of residency.
- Last day to request an absentee ballot to take out of the office is Thursday, October 29.
- Last day to vote your absentee ballot in the presence of the clerk is Friday, October 30.
- All Absentee Ballots must be received by close of polls, 8:00pm on Tuesday, November 3