Special Amusement Permit

Businesses serving liquor and providing entertainment are required to hold a special amusement permit, pursuant to State of Maine statute 28A MRSA and local ordinance Town Code Chapter 14.

Special amusement permits must be renewed annually and the permit will expire on the same day as the holders' liquor license.

Applicants should fill out a Special Amusement Permit application on-line, print it and return the form along with the required fee of $129 to the Town Clerk's office. Upon submission, a public hearing will be scheduled at the next regular meeting of the Town Council. Because the public must be notified of this hearing, please allow sufficient time to comply with the publishing deadlines of the local newspaper.